About Me (Chantelle Chuah)

I describe myself as quirky and witty. My name can probably tell you more about myself.

C - Charismatic

H - Happy-go-lucky

A - Accomplishment

N - Nice

T - Tough

E - Energetic

L - Lively

L - Lovely

E - strive for Excellence

I always strive for excellence and continuously challenge my own competences and capabilities to move out from my comfort zone. My strict upbringing and education background had shaped me to be a well-rounded person. I have Ibanese heritage which can be traced back to my maternal descendant.


My Childhood

Throughout my childhood, Ballet dancing has been a big part of my daily routine. Maybe because of my parent's separation, I always wanted attention to compensate for my insecurities and loneliness. Hence, since young I love stage performances.

Michelle Yeoh is no stranger to many Ipohans. Since young, I have considered her as my role model because she is from Ballet background. From a small-town girl who aspired to be a Ballerina, then turned beauty queen and mega-super star on the screen. She is somebody I look up to and hope to be like her in future. It was from her, my idol, I started to dream to be a beauty queen one day.

After 13 years of Ballet training, I was determined to get my diploma in Ballet and to pursue a Ballerina career. It was when I was seventeen, my Ballet teaching asked me to stop pursing my dream as a Ballerina. My figure is too tall for a professional Ballerina which make me have difficulties to master Pirouette. My Ballet coach's words were sharp, and until now I still remembered vividly that the moment I need to seek for another direction in life after her advice.

Other than Ballet, I have been an active member in school Coral Speaking team and participated at the national level. Despite having finished my secondary education from pure science stream; I faced difficulties to opt between study accountancy and anthropology. Anthropology is something which really stirred up my interest to carry out in-depth examination of context cross-cultural comparisons. However, having an interest on accountancy was purely because of calculating with currency seems something fascinating to me. After all, I have chosen to become a chartered accountant and later I was sent to Manchester to further my studies.


From the East to the West

My first year as an overseas student in Manchester was unbearable yet exciting. I realized that I suffered from ‘cultural shock’ as an Asian trying hard to adapt into the British lifestyle. However, this was the golden opportunity for me to learn to become independent and be acquainted with people from all walks of life. This is the period of transformation from a geek to a ‘university socialite’. Soon, I became accustomed to the British routine, getting used to the ‘dry humour’.


Participated in the Manchester Student Dance Stuart

From my past experience as a ballerina, I got involved in my university dance team. I was first captivated by the three-inch dance shoes . Taken by surprise; I was selected as Manchester's representative to compete in the inter-university dance competitions. Through all the endurance of the challenging training sessions from my dance coach, my dance partner and I successfully won awards in Latin and Ballroom dance competitions

Meanwhile, I was elected to be Honorary treasurer of the Manchester Dance Society. I felt flattered to be accountable to the society’s funds and being an active dance member for my university.

Scout in Leeds

In one summer, while I was having fun time with my mates at Leeds town centre, I was approached by a white guy asking whether I was interested in modeling. The first thing on my mind was to ignore him and thought that he might be just some rascal trying to pick up girls randomly for a chat.

He continued to follow me and explained his motive. Then, he confessed that he is looking for a Japanese girl to do a photo shoot for his modeling agency and asked me to go for a casting. After a few days I was informed that I got the job to model for Onisuka Tiger (One of the top sport retail brand in Japan). This was my first ever modeling experience.

This photo shoot was instead the turning point of my life. The experience of being a model seems enchanting, yet controversial to my ‘nerdy’ life. Hoverer, the amount of satisfaction I have earned from my first shoot was significant enough to inspire me to be a top model.

The Discover

After graduating from my postgraduate studies, I moved to London for my internship. As an account trainee in hospital, my daily routines required great amount of discipline and hardship. I briefly worked in London for about a year before I decided to come back to my home country – Malaysia.

During my holidays in Malaysia, I took opportunities to join model search and some pageants. To my amazement, I was announced to be in top 5 in national final in my first beauty pageant. Two years ago, I decided to try out my luck in Miss Malaysia Model of the World 2007, I was announced as the national winner for that year. I have great experience to carry the honour to represent my country in Miss Model of the Year 2007 in China. I was one of the top 15 finalists competing with nearly 70 models around the world. In the same year, I was sent to Korea for International Model of the Year model competition, and I got into the top 10 at international finals and was awarded best in evening gown.

Since then, I focus more on my professional life and ACCA than actively involved in local modeling industry. However, I still happened to appear on Deal or No Deal Season 2 as #7 briefcase girl.

















Life as a Professional

After two international competitions, I redirect my focus on my accounting profession. I worked in audit firms, whilst studying for my ACCA. Life was tough as an auditor, however, the experience from my hardship was rewarding. The experience that I have gained from audit work, helped me build up a foundation and a platform to be a prominent business consultant in future. I get a lot of satisfaction by helping my client to improve their business effectiveness and performance.

From my growing profession in audit firm, I gradually involve myself actively in Toastmaster Club – which is a public speaking club. I have played my roles during our Toastmaster meetings. From there, I improved my public speaking skills and present good speeches in front of the crowd.


Turning Point in my life

After one and half years of professional training in audit firms, I started to question whether I am following the right career path. I realize I wasn’t really working on my passion for fashion. I think it is time for me to follow my innate talent to embark on fashion/ modelling career. I quit my professional job and decided just to be me, or rather to follow my gut feelings to chase my dream to be a fashion stylist and to be top model in the fashion industry.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...